Multiple copies of best

I'm trying to hook up my deskbar-applet to launch best windows, and it
looks like each instance of best has its own icon in the notification
area.

Is it possible to have multiple best windows open (just like I can have
multiple browser windows open on different Google searches) without such
duplication?  Or is the only usage pattern that you launch best once,
and then have to click on the notification icon to toggle the sole
search window (and thus can't compare two beagle searches side-by-side)?

thanks,
Nigel.