Beagle: Couldn't connect to the session bus

Hi mighty Beagle/Dashboard folks,

I finally successfully compiled Beagle, but sorrowfully it failed to run
correctly:

lee whisper:~$ beagled --fg --debug
INFO: Starting Beagle Daemon (version 0.0.7)
DEBUG: Command Line: /usr/local/lib/beagle/BeagleDaemon.exe --debug --fg
DEBUG: Initializing D-BUS
FATAL: Couldn't connect to the session bus.  See
http://beaglewiki.org/index.php/Installing%20Beagle for information on
setting up a session bus.
FATAL: No reply within specified time

So I went after D-BUS and played with dbus-monitor and dbus-send for a
while to see whether it works correctly:

dbus-send \
--dest=org.freedesktop.ExampleName \
/org/freedesktop/sample/object/name \
org.freedesktop.ExampleInterface.ExampleMethod \
int32:47 string:'hello world' double:65.32

dbus-monitor received the following:

method call sender=:1.19 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=Hello
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination)
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
 0 string ":1.19"
 1 string ":1.19"
 2 string ""

Which seems odd to me considering the sent content.  But this might be
the stupidity of dbus-monitor too.  I'm using D-BUS 0.31.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Beagle is the most exciting
project out there IMO.  Keep up the wicked work!

PS: Please don't CC me, I'm on the list.

--
László Monda  <http://mondalaci.objectis.net>