Re: beagle-0.0.5 issues with ubuntu warty and dbus-0.23

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 22:23 +0100, Daniele Bellucci wrote:
> I just finished to download and install beagle-0.0.5 by following
> the instruction from the ubuntu wiki page.
>
> FATAL: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: dbus_bus_service_exists
>
> Be Aware: i'm using dbus-0.23

Umm, no you're not. :)  Assuming you built from the 0.23 tarball, make
sure that wherever you installed it is higher in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
than some other version on the system.  For example, if you have a
package installed which is newer than 0.23 but you installed your 0.23
tarball into /opt/built/dbus, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to /opt/build/dbus/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Lastly, use MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug MONO_LOG_MASK=asm,dll and look to make
sure that the right things are being loaded.

Also, my understanding is that the Ubuntu wiki page is out of date.
(Suggesting people build dbus out of CVS, for example, which they should
not.)  I got an account but I still can't edit the page.  Does anyone
out there have access?  Can someone either update the page or take it
down and replace it with a link to the beagle wiki?  That's the
canonical location.