Beagle: WebServiceInterface Code

Folks,

I have posted the Beagle: WebServiceInterface code in bugzilla:

Go through the readme.txt attachment and follow the steps listed there-in to get web-service interface working with your current Beagle installation. The zip file includes the web-service code (I am using Mono1.0.5).  This will add an xml web service interface to beagle.

Using a web browser, you can connect to the web service url and get a Test Form that will enable you to input a search string and get the xml search results in the browser. Clients not aware of beagle protocol can fetch the wsdl, generate client proxy code to integrate and invoke queries to Beagle. A web service interface will enable devices with .Net support to query Beagle, in future.

Going ahead, I plan to add a httpListener enabling Beagle to respond to browser based requests, in addition to xml-soap requests.

It will be exciting to support web/web-service interfaces in Beagle, enabling new applications and connectivity options. If you have thoughts/comments/suggestions on this, send them to me - so I can consolidate them into my future work.
cheers
Vijay

>>> Daniele Bellucci <belch linux it> 01/19/05 11:46 PM >>>
> I have posted the
> web service code on the mailing list. Were you able to install and get
> it working ?

no, where is the web service code?
there is any .asmx on beagle cvs repository...

i also looked at your previous post, but i wasn't able to find
any kind of patch/source_code and so on ...

am i missing something?