Re: beagled Web Service Interface prototype working!

Daniele,

I agree - these are some cool ideas. The distributed environment can
allow peer-to-peer searching of Beagle services, within collaboration
teams in an intranet and with some security support added, sharing
information across Beagle services on the Internet.  I have posted the
web service code on the mailing list. Were you able to install and get
it working ?

I will look into the mDNSResponder stuff along with other discovery
mechanisms for discovering Beagle Web service.

Keep the ideas coming !

thanks
Vijay

>>> Daniele Bellucci belch linux it> 01/19/05 3:42 AM >>

Good catch ;)

it would be nice to use the web service in a multiuser machine.
For example a linux box with multiple account could expose
this web service, and each user can issue a separate query
on his home directory.

Another cool idea is to use the webservice on a distributed
environment where every machine expose its own web service for beagle.

Web services discovery could be handled by using the excellent
mDNSResponder since there is a plan to full integrate it in the
Gnome Environment, and a .NET binding has been cooded too.

IMHO this should be a great catch.

Il giorno mar, 18-01-2005 alle 12:09 -0700, Vijay KN ha scritto:
> Hi Folks!
>
> Today I finally got the Web Service interface to beagled working.
The
> Glib dependencies in dbus-sharp library prevented me from using dbus
IPC