Fwd: action-reveal.png

Sorry to everyone about the vague/noobie-esk bug description - I don't
even have an excuse :D Still, it seems that you are right - the most
recent CVS (yesterday) seems to not exhibit it any more. More testing
is under way though.

The problem was that the first Best search would perform exactly as
expected : correct number of results, each one relevant (as far as I
could tell). However, subsequent searches would result in some of the
previous results not disappearing. For instance, if I searched for
something that would get a lot of hits, like gentoo (my distro of
choice), there would be a few hundred hits. If I then search for
something that should get none, like "Purple Hatstand", some of the
hits from the last search remains. However, using beagle-query
directly returns the expected results, always. Typing in "Purple
Hatstand" in a conversation window would create a new tile in Best, as
expected, however.

But, as you point out, CVS does look like it's currently fine, at
least on that issue. However,  I've noticed that if I have best open
on some search, and then proceed to download a pdf, which matches that
search, then the partial download (*.part, I use firefox) is
displayed. It is, however, not changed to the non-*.part when the
download finishes. I haven't checked to see if this is another facet
of the same problem, with beagle-query, yet. It may just be related to
the beagle-not-handling-move-very-well known-(mis)-feature.

Hope that clears things up.

On a brighter note, I'm trying to get my parents and everyone I know
to keep an eye on this: as a demonstration that gnome/foss in general
can innovate. So keep up the good work guys!

Gen