XChat plugin

Hi all

I wanted an XChat plugin so I've written a small one which just grabs
usernames and text, spits it into a file and gets beagle to index it.

Is this a good starting point? Presumably I should be using dbus at
some point, but is there a specific filetype/format for IRC logs in
general that beagle likes? If not, should there be, or should I be
using XChat's own logs and asking beagle to index them?

Would it be worth adapting the IM log viewer to view IRC logs or
should there be an alternative one for all IRC logs or just XChat
logs? Or something else..!

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rich