Re: Beagle for Windows

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 16:52 -0400, Roberto Dohnert wrote:
> Hey guys, i was wondering if novell is planning to do a port to Windows for
> Beagle?  If not what would the complexities be of doing such a port?  You
> can either post to the list or send me personal replies.

I dunno if we're going to do a port right now, but the main thing would
be porting D-BUS to windows, or alternatively using a more "native"
message passing system.  Beyond that, we'd need drivers for a lot of
Windows-specific file types (like IM logs from the AOL AIM client, for
example).  On the other side, we might have the benefit of being able to
use native components for some of these things.