RE: Beagle Networking / Beagle Win32 Port

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 11:13 -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> inotify is, in some ways, an imitation of the intent of the Windows
> ChangeNotify system. So there is an analogous mechanism under Windows
> already.

That bombastic self-promoter, Robert Love, just pointed out to me that
he has never seen, and has only vaguely heard of, the ChangeNotify
mechanism from NT. And so it misrepresents the glory of his undertaking
to allude in any way to it as an imitation, even of the intent and not
the mechanism of ChangeNotify.

Just thought I'd clear that up. :-)

Nat