Re: Extended attributes lastCrawlAttr

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 07:45 -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> > Then it stops crawling.
>
> That is terrible.  We should really handle this more gracefully.  I've
> opened a bug on your issue here:

Same with INotify also.  In one of the machines here we setup beagle and
that didn't have Inotify kernal, beagled throws an exception on every
time I enter a "search word" in best and it didn't crawl.

IMO, it should give a warning saying that "Since Inotify is not enabled,
no real-time search will be performed" and should crawl into the
existing folders and try indexing them.

What do you guys think?

V. Varadhan.