Re: Extended attributes lastCrawlAttr

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:27:24 +0100, Raphaël Slinckx <raf raf wol be> wrote:
> When trying to set the extended attribute on my folder (don't know what
> it is exactly ?) it fails ! Here is the trace (happens only one time
> when scanning for the first directory in my case, the home directory):

You need to enable extended attributes on the mount point. For
example, if you mount /home as its own partition, then in /etc/fstab,
add user_xattr to the options for that entry. Mine looks like this:

/dev/hdb1               /home                   ext3
defaults,user_xattr    1 2

The key is the user_xattr in the fourth field. The other entries might
vary slightly for you, but you get the idea. If you don't have a
separate /home partition, you'll probably need to add it to the /
partition. I think you can just remount with the option specified
without having to reboot (see man mount(8)); the change to /etc/fstab
will be effective the next time the system is restarted.

--
Kyle Maxwell
[krmaxwell gmail com]