Re: Beagle handling of compressed files and man pages

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 09:42 -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> These URIs should not be exposed to users.  They should only be "seen"
> by apps built on top of Beagle.  The hacky URI schemes are thus mostly a
> programmer convenience and a mechanism for us to know how to just
> transparently do the right thing.

Sounds fair enough.  I guess I just slipped into my
anti-URI-scheme-proliferation rant.  I still philosophically prefer to
keep file:/// for everything, but I guess as the underlying filesystem
layer doesn't provide you with any help, going out of your way to
preserve ideological purity for something that's internal is over the
top.

Nevertheless -- down with URI-scheme proliferation! :-)

-- Edd