Re: Roadmap for the future.

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 13:47 +0000, dave wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been through the backends and got them to process wildcard clues
> properly. At least, I think I have, I haven't looked at the dashboard
> code before today (not to mention C#) and this could be completely wrong
> :-)
>
> Anyway, here it is. This addresses all the backends which are built by
> default (and one or two others). There are a few left which I will look
> at in due course.

One way to consider doing it is in the engine so that the backends don't
need to know about the special "wildcard" match type.

Backends already subscribe to certain match types, so you could
synthesize new clues based on the union of all the supported match types
and blast those out.

I haven't looked at it myself, but it feels conceptually cleaner to me.