Match Fading Updates

Hi,
   I've just committed a bunch of changes to CVS that provide the infrastructure for match fading.  Due to the renaming of some files and reformatting of a number of others there are a lot of differences, but it's not that much of a change.

   I posted a mail a while back about what is going on behind the scenes, but to recap all matches returned by backends now get thrown together into a pot (currently organised by category for ease of display) and they have a rating attached to them.  The rating changes periodically due to events such as new information being received, the tick of a timer, etc. and when the rating reaches 0 the item disappears.

   There are definitely some areas that need improvement, and some bits that are flakey.  Off the top of my head:

So all in all this isn't a finished work, but it does represent a step in the right direction.  More than anything I think it gives a bunch of hooks that will allow people to start working on their own little bugbears around the current system (match renderers, for instance, Nat :).  Have a play and see what you think, and feel free to ask questions about any of the technicalities or underlying ideas/assumptions.

Cheers,
Jim.
--
Jim McDonald - Jim mcdee net