Re: New addressbook backend.

I've built the the e-d-s backend. I had the same problem with Xlib async
reply that my attempt to do the same thing suffered from. I have hacked
my copy to do a lazy initialization of the addressbook, which fixes the
problem, and it seems to work well.

I assume it is some obscure Gtk/EvolutionSharp locking bug, that effects
my configuration, which I list below. If nobody else suffers from this,
just ignore it, and hopefully it will go away when I upgrade to newer

OS: Mandrake 9.1
Mono: 0.29 (rpm via redcarpet)
Desktop: Garnome 0.29.1
gtk#: 0.15 (from source)
evo#: patched source, as per Nat's post.


On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 21:01 -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I wrote a backend for the Evolution 2.0 addressbook.  It's a bit buggy
> right now, and you need a couple patches for evolution-sharp to compile
> it.
> When this is working, I'm ready to do a release.  Post 0.1, I want to
> spend some serious time cleaning up the architecture.  Some of the new
> resultset stuff is confusing and makes writing backends harder, and the
> fact that match rendering is now uniform no matter the match type is
> somewhat suboptimal for the user; different types of data shouldn't look
> the same.
> Best,
> Nat

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]