Re: SQLite

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:20 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> [andrew localhost bin]$ locate Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll
> /usr/lib/Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll
>
> and
>
> [andrew localhost bin]$ rpm -qa | grep sqlite
> sqlite-2.8.6-0.fdr.6.1
>
> I'm running Fedora Core 1 with the RPMs provided on go-mono.net
> (mono-0.31-1.ximian.7.0.i386.rpm et al).  What am I missing?

You need the sqlite-devel packages.

The problem relates to the way mono maps dll import calls to .so files.
There is no nice way to say "make a ImportDLL (or DLLImport, I forget)
look for sqlite-x.so.y.z".  Right now it just looks for "sqlite-x.so",
and *.so files are only included in Fedora -devel rpm's.

Thre is of course an /etc/mono/config file of some sort that lets you
manually change the mapping, but it is not setup in a way that is
friendly to RPM maintainers...there was some discussion on the mono list
about this, but I don't know when a better solution will show up.

-Tom