RE: Getting websites to talk to dashboard

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 17:29, Jackson Harper wrote:
>   Yeah, this looks like it would suit my needs perfectly. I'm not going to have any
> extra time in the next few weeks, but if no one has started it by aug. 5th I'll do it.

Can you tell me exactly what your needs are?

I've written a backend which picks up on tags like these:

   <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
       href="http://foo.com/rss.xml"; />
   <link rel="made" href="mailto:foo bar com" />
   <link rel="made" href="http://www.bar.com/"; />

and chains them appropriately.  I'll be checking it in real soon now.

My concern is that if we put special dashboard tags in then people will
use them instead of the commonly agreed metadata conventions.  Once out
of the bag, these cats are hard to herd back in again.

If you share your requirements, I can see whether to add them to this
backend or not, or I may have a recommendation based on existing
technologies that avoids us inventing anything new.

cheers

-- Edd