Re: Getting websites to talk to dashboard

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 04:51, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> To extend this to a more general mechanism, you might do:
>
> <link rel="meta" type="application/x-dashboardhints+xml"
>       title="Dashboard" href="... dashboard-hints.xml" />

A backend which cluechains embedded link commands is a great idea.

I like the notion of manually embedding clues in the HTML.  So on
nat.org for example I could put a full_name="nat friedman" clue, or on a
page where I'm reviewing a movie I could put a movie title clue in,
which would make the IMDB entry come up in dashboard, etc.

Nat