Re: Release.

OK, I answered my own question.  The offending code is in:

engine/cluepacket-manager.cs

and is:

 // Where to look for backend DLLs.
 string backends_dir = "/usr/local/lib/dashboard";

Sounds like we need to read that from a config file (or maybe gconf?)

Also, I noticed one other:

backends/backend-gaimlog.cs

has this:

 if (! File.Exists (icon_path))
   icon_path = "/usr/local/share/pixmaps/gaim.png";

Unless you install by hand that is also going to be in /usr and not
/usr/local.  Probably also something that should be configurable.

Changing that first one gets dashboard to work correctly in /usr

Skadz