Coaster-devel unable to compile coaster because of dependency hell

Hello all,

I'm still a bit new to Linux, but I'd like to help with the Coaster
development. So I downloaded the latest Coaster version and tried
compiling it. Unfortunately, as always happens when I compile
something, the configure script starts whining about dependencies.
First it could not find libxml++. I'm on Fedora Core 3, which has APT.
So I started Synaptic and installed all the devel packages with libxml
in the name. I tried compiling again. This time it couldn't find a
package called libsigc++ so I installed that as well with Synaptic.
After that it said it needed bakery. But bakery was not available in
the APT repositories I use by default. I used rpm.pbone.net to find
the rpm, and I found this website - http://www.nrpms.net/ - and I
added it to the APT sources. On the site it said that compatibility
with the other repo's was not guaranteed, though. And that was exactly
what I experienced when I tried to install bakery and it's
dependencies in Synaptic, it gave me an error message and it couldn't
be installed. So, I can't compile coaster. It doesn't look like it
that there is any other easy way to install bakery on my FC3 system.
So, am I hosed, and will I not be able to compile Coaster? Or is there
another way? Maybe create an RPM package for FC3?

P.S.: I tried to get help in the IRC channel first, but there is only
one idle op in the IRC channel (CIA was his name)?

Bye,
F for Fragging