gnomecal's future.

Hello.

I am a big fan of the gnome-pim module and was wondering about ports to
Gnome2.

The best thing would be if gnomecal and gnomecard could become Bonobo
controls using data modules for accessing local files or remote databases
like LDAP or similar, or whatever.

The project page says gnome-pim will not be ported at all, I think it would
be a major loss not to have lightweight applications using Bonobo controls for
calendar and address book in Gnome2.

Is anybody planning to make gnome-pim a part of Gnome2 or should I branch
gnome-pim for my own purposes?

Regards, Peter Gebauer