Re: gnome-pim confusion

On 16 Feb 2000 19:04:37 EST, Alan Shutko wrote:

>--=-=-=
>
>rms39@columbia.edu (Russell Steinthal) writes:
>
>> I'm willing to grant that not saving a property we load from disk
is
>> a bug, and since the fix should be relatively simple, I'll accept
>> this as a bug fix, and not subject to the feature freeze.
>
>What about about updating the property when things are changed?  Also
>a simple fix (simpler than saving, actually, but I have a patch for
>both).

The patch you sent is fine.  Feel free to commit it to HEAD if you
have CVS access, or if you don't I'll do it.  The only thing I'd ask
is that you write a ChangeLog entry for it- either commit it if you
do the commit or send it to me so I can do so.

If I read it correctly, that updates the property when things change
as well, right?  If not, feel free to send another patch to do that.

>The deletion problem I can live with, but right now the gnomecard
>conduit has a serious confusion with entering things on the PC
>(namely, enter new and it gets synced, modify something and it will
be
>silently lost).  I've been using the conduit for two days now and
it's
>already bitten me.

If you can write a relatively clean patch which doesn't introduce new
buginess, I'll be happy to consider it.  I'm just loathe to make
gnomecard any less usable than it already is.

-Russell