Re: Personal Calendar Server Volunteer? (fwd)

> The question is - is it worth the hassle? Does anyone ACTUALLY use this
> time format? I STRONGLY doubt that Jewish Rabbis will be using gnomecal
> anytime in the immediate future. I just disadvtanges from this
> (dependency on libastro for the 'jewish module', more confusion,
> time/effor wasted.) - If someone is truly interested though - they can
> hack it in. :)

Gregorian, Hebrew, and Islamic calendars are merely human interpretations
of the flow of time.
The closest concept to this time flow is the Julian date used by
astronomers, and implemented in the PHP package.
PHP hacked another package that is -- I believe -- freely available.