Re: Stand-Alone lunar calendar

> There's only one missing element here that I can see.
> There is also a need to be able to have dates flip at
> a time of day other than midnight.  For example,
> sunset.  Of course, sunset it tricky since the earth
> isn't perfectly round and so on.  However, I'm sure
> there must be an open source algorithm for calculating
> sunset and sunrise for any given point on the planet.
>
> 	Miles

See my previous mail - for all practical reasons - it is a waste of time.
But as Russell Steinthal said - you could link to libastro (when its
done?) and add it. Every government/institution that I know of uses the
standard 'time' that everyone else uses (none of the date flip on sunset
for example).

Basically my recommendation/opinion is this - Ignore it for now - if
anyone sees that they need this sort of functionality or if they find it
'desirable' - well then we can start worrying about it :)