Re: Stand-Alone lunar calendar

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 11:10:07AM -0500, Russell Steinthal wrote:
> > We can define an arbitrary number of months per year, an arbitrary number
> > of days per month. You can also of course customize the names of the
> > days/months. These will be store in an XML file for each 'type' of
> > calendar. I believe that the 'time' system should be ignored (e.g. the
> > default time on the system) cos no calendar (to my knwoledge) effects
> > time :) Since this is a lunar calendar (which ihs usually non-English
> > languages) how do we 'internationalize' strings in an XML file? This is
> > one thing I don't know how to do - Anyone got a clue?
>
> XML can be internationalized, but I don't remember exactly how.
> E-mail Daniel Veillard if you can't figure it out, I guess.

  XML has a xml:lang="..." attribute which is dedicated to tag
the language of that document subtree. The best way is then to
have sibling elements in ths structure carrying each a different
xml:lang attribute and with the proper localized content

  <info>
      <descr xml:lang="en">Some english text</descr>
      <descr xml:lang="fr_FR">Pareil en francais</descr>
      <descr xml:lang="fr_CA">Si ma tante avait des gosses ...</descr>
  </info>

Daniel
--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel: +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW