Personal Calendar Server Volunteer? (fwd)

I originally sent this message to federico. He told me to mail this list
and that I should be working on gnomecal and not evolution (i.e.
Helixcode will derive the gnomecal source into evolution framework).

Anyway, could somebody awnser this message in that context?

I'm sorry if you got this mailing twice - but it does not appear as the
first message/time got through. This actually the 3rd time (I realized I
did not subscribe properly).

Anyway, I was also thinking a bit about this and realized that the
'native' date/time format on Linux/Unix is Gregorian based. Would it be
'feasible' to implement a low-level Linux/Unix solution first or should
the Lunar Calendar be based on some sort of 'conversion' from the date in
Linux/Unix. Hmmm, come to think of it - doesn't the Linux/Unix date just
return a 'seconds elapsed' since 1979 or something like that?

Anyway - Federico mentioned a discussion was done on this before - but I
haven't seen it (just a brief discussion in gnome-list - nothing on any
list about actual implementation or ideas for implementation).

Any info is appreciated :)