Re: Oversampling

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

  Hi!

I've implmeneted some code for per-module oversampling. It is based on
FIR filters which are designed from a windowed sinc function.
Oversampling ratios from 2 to 16 are supported.

To test it, I've implemented Bse::Rectify, a plugin which should -
without oversampling - generate extreme aliasing.

I am attaching the code here, and an example .bse file. When running the
bse file, use a fft scope to monitor the rectify output, while playing
with the oversample ratio setting.

hm, thinking about the general test casing you developed here,
could you turn this into an audio unit test based on bsefeature
extract/compare?

Comments are welcome.

Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan

---