Re: Core and GUI Separation

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Esben Stien wrote:

It would be nice if the core was split from the GUI. The canvas editor
for synthesis modeling could be one GUI for the daemon.

i'm not sure i understand what you mean.
the synthesis/audio core is a seperate library without any GUI dependencies.
and we don't have/start a daemon for beast operation.

the overall architecture is documented here btw:
	http://beast.gtk.org/architecture.html

The matrix editor is the best I've seen and it could be a standalone
MIDI editor, like seq24.

hm, with matrix editor you're referring to the piano roll widget? as in:
 http://beast.gtk.org/screenshots.phtml?image=screenshots/stwZ03-piano_roll.png

we don't support MIDI exports atm, it's one of the many things on the
TODO list though ;)

--
Esben Stien is b0ef e     s      a

---