Re: BEAST on FreeBSD: timezone

   Hi!

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 12:20:14AM +0100, Rasmus Kaj wrote:
> However, I havn't actually got it working on FreeBSD 5.2 yet, as
> testsfi crashes with a segv while checknig Threading (but after
> completing the Time and some other tests).  I hope to find the time to
> debug this one of the nearest days.

Actually, I experienced the same problems when trying a build of beast on
FreeBSD. Finally, I used this setup to build beast:

export MAKE=gmake
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/beast/bin
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/beast/lib/pkgconfig
export SED=sed
# compile BEAST with
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/beast CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-pthread -L/usr/local/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"

I don't know which of these settings you need, some stuff is just for
installing beast in /usr/local/beast, some other for finding
libraries/includes in /usr/local, where FreeBSD packages (like libogg) put
them.

However, you definitely need -pthread in LDFLAGS when running autogen.sh.
That it is missing is what is causing the crash you see right now.

Tim, I don't understand why this goes wrong in the first place. I see
-pthread in

stefan@luna1:~/src/beast$ pkg-config --libs gthread-2.0
-pthread -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0

(I assume that will also be the case on FreeBSD) but it doesn't show up
any longer in the link line of testsfi.