[Banshee-List] Normalized/Browser Patch

Hello,

I think this can not be made a plug-in, because to get some
functionality i need the database has to be normalized, i think this is
also good for performance because it reduce the amount of string
operations.

The attached version is a working version, there should be no problem if
you are patching a clean CVS 0.10.9 :

# cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co -r
BANSHEE_0_10_9 banshee

# cd banshee
# patch -p0 < ../banshee-normalized.patch
# ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/banshee-normalized
# make && sudo make install

That should do it, I have add some functionality like showing only the
Artists of a Genre, also for albums, but i have to take sorting out
because when i leave it in does not work, i am working on it; If i am
really unlucky it may be a bug in the TreeFilter implementation; I have
to check, if somebody think he can give me a hand looking the error i
can sen out a patch or the model file with sorting active so you can see
what the problem is.

>From the functionality point of view it appears to be working really
good, i am having problems playing some tracks, but it seem to be a
problem with the helix back end, i am going to add mp3 & acc support to
gstreamer to check that.

regards,

Oscar.