Re: [Banshee-List] passing options to gstreamer

Ok, just for the record here are the two different ways I have tried invoking gstreamer from the command line:
gst-launch-0.8 playbin uri="file:///absolute/uri/to/file.mp3"
gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=/home/benjfitz/temp/test.mp3 ! mad ! alsasink

I setup my custom sink (thanks Ed), now how do I access it using gst-launch?  I tried custom, Custom, default, and Default, but none of them worked (this was with the second invocation).  With the first one it still sounded choppy as if it were still using alsasink without the options.  Sorry if these are all very n00b questions, but google isn't turning up much and neither is the gstreamer documentation I can find.  If it is covered some where please let me know where so I can RTFM. :)

I also tried adding the dmix option from the command line, but I get the following error:
benjfitz be njfitz ~/.gstreamer-0.8 $ gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=/home/benjfitz/temp/test.mp3 ! mad ! alsasink device=dmix period-size=1024 buffer-size=4096

RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/mad0: Internal GStreamer error: pad problem.  File a bug.
Additional debug info:
gstpad.c(2562): gst_pad_set_explicit_caps: /pipeline0/mad0:
failed to negotiate (try_set_caps with "audio/x-raw-int, endianness=(int)1234, signed=(boolean)true, width=(int)16, depth=(int)16, rate=(int)22050, channels=(int)2" returned REFUSED)
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/mad0: Internal GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  File a bug.
Additional debug info:
gstmad.c(1206): gst_mad_check_caps_reset: /pipeline0/mad0:
Failed to negotiate 22050 Hz, 2 channels
Execution ended after 1 iterations (sum 1280000 ns, average 1280000 ns, min 1280000 ns, max 1280000 ns).

Benj

Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com> wrote:
Just glancing through the document you linked me, it seems you should be
setting "device=dmix" on the alsasink element in your custom audio sink
pipeline...

--Aaron