Re: [Banshee-List] Podcasts: Stanford on iTunes

Øivind:

> I just tried to listen in on the lectures available on the Stanford
> itunes site. They do supply rss feeds, but to me, at least, this seems
> very closely tied to iTunes itself.

One nice thing about the iTunes service is that all feeds associated
with it are valid RSS 2.0 documents (Apple even employs people to do QC
on feeds before they are listed [1]).  So Stanford and Apple are playing
nice when it comes to their feeds.

> Is there any chance of banshee supporting feeds such as this [...]

Yes, as of a few weeks ago someone was working on this very issue (it's
actually a certificate validation failure.)  Haven't heard from him in
awhile, I'll try to get a hold of him and see where he's at with this.

~Mike