[Banshee-List] Errors configuring from Gnome CVS

Hello, All.

I hate to post to the mailing list for this, because it's probably
something very simple.  However, I am fairly new to Linux and am not
sure what to do here.

I have a Creative Zen Touch mp3 player and am interested in using
Banshee to obtain podcasts and transfer them to the mp3 player.  I am
using Ubuntu Linux v. 6.06.  According to the Banshee Web site, I need
to download the CVS version (v. 0.11) for podcasting.

To the best of my knowledge, I have installed all of the required
dependencies on the list.  I've been using the Synaptic Package Manager
to confirm what is installed.  If anyone knows of a better way of
confirming your installed libraries, etc., I would love to learn it.

So, believing all of the dependencies are installed, I run the first
line...

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr

...and it fails with the following info:

<<-- Start Printout -->>

Running glib-gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Running intltoolize...
Running aclocal-1.9...
aclocal:configure.ac:313: warning: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2' not found
in library
Running autoconf...
configure.ac:313: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

<<-- End Printout -->

So, I appended the files listed in the "add files" section to the
aclocal.m4 file in the banshee directory.  I assume that was the correct
thing to do, but I'm not sure what to do about the next step.  Would
some kind person mind telling me what I need to do to correct this?

Thanks in advance for your help.  I really appreciate it.

I've kicked Windows completely, but I'm still learning how to do all of
this.  I've tried fixing this myself and researching for awhile before
resorting to this.  But I'm not sure what needs to be done next?

Again, thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Joel