[Banshee-List] Banshee isn't recognizing my CDs

Good morning,

This is my first post to the list and am relatively new to Linux in
general.

I am running Banshee 0.10.8 in Fedora Core 5 and have come across the
two following problems...

- CDs are not listed in the sidebar with the music library, playlists,
etc
- When I quit Banshee by clicking the close button, it crashes

Other CD players, such as RhythmBox and Totem seem to see the CDs fine.

I understand that there is a version 0.10.10 on the banshee-project
site.  Can anyone provide a simple explanation of how to compile this
for FC5?

Thanks
- bh77a