Re: [Banshee-List] building from cvs problems

The Avahi dependency is a little crazy right now. You need at least the
latest _release_ of Avahi core, but you need the latest avahi-sharp from
svn.

The problem is twofold:

a) Changes in the latest mono break the avahi-sharp that was shipped in
the last Avahi release

b) daap-sharp does not work very well, even on a slightly older mono,
with the last released avahi-sharp

It is possible to install just avahi-sharp from CVS without replacing
the distribution-installed Avahi core:

svn checkout svn://svn.0pointer.de/avahi/trunk avahi
cd avahi
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
make
cd avahi-sharp
sudo make install
cd ..
sudo cp avahi-sharp.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig

That should do it.

Cheers,
Aaron