[Banshee-List] ipod not showing in banshee, hal ok

hi, just found out about banshee and have installed it on my Gentoo/Gnome machine using standard ebuild in portage.

Issue is that my ipod nano 4gb, once connected, is not showing up in banshee. The following is working:

* ipod when connected via usb is auto mounted rw to /mnt/ipod
* "ipod --list" shows ipod details (see below)

I have checked the troubleshooting, bug, and mailing list archive pages but cant find anything that is a similar problem.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

tijn

ipod --list output

Path Info
   Device Path:      /dev/sdb2
   Mount Point:      /mnt/ipod
   Control Path:     /mnt/ipod/iPod_Control/
   HAL ID:           /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_C320_840C

Device Info
   Model Number:     MA107
   Device Model:     Nano (Black)
   iPod Generation:  Small Cover: