[Banshee-List] new user of banshee ( i thought it sucked!)

I was just listening to this weeks episode of the linux linc tech show,
and the head podder "Dan"
in talking with some contributors of Amarok (what i was using up until
now) had brought up Banshee.
The Amarok contributors had positive comments, but "Dan"
had the same reaction to Banshee that I did,
started it, exit, not interested.

Now I use Mono, have read about Banshee, and really want to use it,
as long as it works. I bought SUSE 10, and even had to use
Banshee to play a mp3, because the Amarok on SLED10 doesn't play
mp3's out of the box. So SUSE has really tried to steer people to
Banshee ... which isn't bad, but then why did I not like it?

It looks plain. In fact its probably the plainest looking app. i have
ever seen on a linux box. It could almost just be a console text window
with some vt220 special codes and look more exciting.

Anyways, I happen to have Banshee up and listening to a mp3 because
I hadn't gotten around to setting up Amarok to work yet with Mp3's.
I decided to go to the styles settings in the control panel to change
my window border look, and as i was playing around, all of a sudden
Banshee CAME TO LIFE!! shading, colour, icons
(note, some styles on SLED10 actual produce broken FF REW button, etc
in
banshee because i guess those styles dont have those icons called for by
banshee, so thats an issue in itself, that banshee doesn't function in
some styles in SLED 10)
Anyways, now Banshee is starting to look nice, and I don't think it is
broken anymore (or just a pre alpha alpha app.).

Now if I can only get a EQ on it, I will not have to go to Amarok,
and could even contribute to Banshee (as I love tooling/dev'ing in
Mono).

With either the gstreamers or Helix engine, can I get a EQ now?
if I go to gstreamer, i wonder if SLED10 will have mp3 on that?
Running it on a AMD64bit, I am somewhat limited to using media engines
that use win32 dll for stuff.

Anyways, I am sure you would find Banshee catching a faster viral growth
if when it is started (at least on SLED 10), it doesn't look like the
most boring GUI app. ever conceived, i mean no exaggeration, gnome
terminal looks more exciting. Again, now that i have added "style" to my
default SLED10 desktop, it is much better.
Just putting a graphic picture header on the top of the page, and
color shade the left hand column and your there, you can even have that
"turn off" by an option in the view menu so as not to offend power
users.

Anyways if any one can point me to a EQ sol'n, i'd jump through hoops to
get a EQ on my Banshee now, and I will be happy!!
If I get my EQ then I'll be one more Banshee convert!

I also realize banshee is pretty early in development, but if SUSE is
making this there showcase audio app. on a commercial distro, then
it has got to have a bit of sexiness to it, if it was strictly a
opensource tar ball grab and install that I went of my way to get and
install, that would be one thing, but this is now a SLED 10 showcase
app!!

-tl