Re: [Banshee-List] Poor Playback

I also ran into this on gentoo, and the devs were nice enough to help me through it.  I made a custom output sink for gstreamer using gstreamer-properties (go to alsasink and then to custom).  I added the below commands:

alsasink period-size=1024 buffer-size=4096

That seemed to clean up playback for me.
Benj

Chad Files <cpfiles gmail com> wrote:
I am running banshee 0.10.9 on gentoo with all the latest and greatest
gstreamer packages. Everything looks and functions great except for
the playback. I get a lot of popping when the tracks are played.

I have played the same tracks it totem (also uses gstreamer) and there
is no popping. I have tried several other things but all to no avail.
This issue also bleeds over into CD burning. I burned a CD with
banshee and the popping was transfered onto the CD.

I am almost certain that this is an issue with the gstreamer bindings
in banshee. Has anybody else had this issue? Does anybody have a
solution?

Thanks

-- Chad