[Banshee-List] Phantom music

Syncing works great from a fresh formatted iPod.  I changed some artist names and re-synced and about 75% of my music was erased off my iPod although no space was freed up.  Doing a "Save Manual Changes" erased ALL the music on it, but this time it did free up some space.  This is causing me to format my iPod every time I want to sync it otherwise my 500 songs will take up over 10GB!  The terminal doesn't spit out any errors or anything.  Does anyone else have this problem and is there a way to work around this without having to format my iPod.  I am using Ubuntu Breezy with Mono 1.1.12.