Re: [Banshee-List] iPod Nano only 1gb?

> i have one big problem with my new ipod nano (of course in white :p):

Puh, how lame ;-)

> banshee shows only 1gb of disk-space... and at the moment banshee sais
> i'm using 1gb of 1gb. but only 50% of the disk...
>
> what should i do? ;)

I've fried my iPods database several times using banshee. Only way to
effectively fix it was running "mkfs.vfat /dev/sda2" where /dev/sda is
the SCSI device for your iPod and sda2 is the data partition (should
always be second). The iPod then recovers automatically.

!!! Be very careful though, running this command on /dev/sda1 or sda
will most likely kill your iPod, running it on random partitions of
course deletes all data on them !!!

Martin