[Banshee-List] iPod setup update

Hello all,

Thanks to all who have helped in my efforts to get my iPod working with banshee. I'm almost there.

After some extensive experiemntation with re-installing different versions of various packages, I have finally got to a state where the iPod is detected by the ipod library, and ivman automatically mounts the ipod at /media/ipod.

For the record, the relevant versions I used to get this working are:

hal: 0.5.5.1
dbus: 0.50-r1
pmount :0.9.6
ivman: 0.6.6
udev: 077-r3
ipod-sharp: 0.5.12
libipoddevice: 0.4.0

So, good progress. The only problem I have left now is the mono process (ipod-sharp or banshee) going mental when the iPod is plugged in. The mono process uses up all available RAM and swap, and system load rockets.

Now, I *think* I remember once being warned in Windows that there is something wrong with the database on my iPod, but iTunes has always worked fine so I've not worried about it. Could it be that corruption in the files on the iPod may cause the banshee code to act weirdly and get into an infinite loop and/or memory leak?

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help debug this.

Thanks!

--

Russ