Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 0.9.0

The problem with GStreamer/cdparanoia is that gst_pad_query calls are
returning 0 when querying for sectors, which are needed to calculate
track offsets and durations, which are needed to split the audio stream
into "files" or "tracks" and to perform seeking therein. There are other
CD-Playing apps that use GStreamer/cdparanoia that are broken due to
this issue as well. This breakage is new to me in 10.0, as it worked
fine in 9.3. Goobox exhibits this broken behavior as well.

Please file a bug on this so that we can get it fixed, and block on it
if necessary.

I am off do do that immediately.

4. -avoid-version and -module LDFLAGS for internal private shared
libraries. There is no version number on the internal private .so files,
and mappings now map again directly to the .so, but they are not
symlinks... they are the actual shared library.

This is just plain wrong. It has broken our packaging since, .so files
are only distributed in -devel packages. That would mean we have to
require banshee-devel in order to run banshee.

JP had asked me to do this last week, and I asked if missing the version number on the .so would cause any problems with packaging... JP? I was under the impression that the .so files were distributed only with -devel packages if they were *symlinks* to versioned libraries.

--Aaron