Re: Updating display of message list/tree at all the right times

On 02/25/2006 11:16:07 AM Sat, Willem Riede wrote:
I've noticed that the window where you see what messages exist (or however many fit in the window's size) isn't alway properly updated to keep in sync with what happens to the messages in the folder. Mostly that's minor annoyances where the currently selected message does not appear in the visible part of the tree, like when you resize that window (e.g. by enabling the preview window and the selected row was outside the now visible range; or when messages marked deleted are expunged so the tree shrinks in overall length - the window can even be empty if the selected message is the bottom one and more mails are expunged than displayed in the window - all the action is then "above" the visible part.
[ snip ]
This is with 2.3.10. Does anyone else see this?

Yes, I've seen it. I believe it's related to the fixed-height-mode in GtkTreeView, which may not be used by any other app!

It can be fixed by scrolling to the last message that's supposed to be showing, but the tricky part is figuring out just when it's needed--nobody wants to be scrolled to the last message unnecessarily!

Best,