Including a signature

Hello!

I use Debian stable and Balsa 2.3.0.

I filled out the identity option "signature path" with 'fortune -s' to let balsa append a signature to my mails. The is text-files fortune uses are german, because I've installed the german fortune package.

Now when I wan't to generate a new email, balsa complains:

"Die Signatur in fortune witze ist kein UTF-8-Unicode-Text."

signifies that the text balsa gets from fortune is not in unicode-format. The result you can see at the bottom of this mail.

What can i do to eliminate this error?

Ciao, Uwe.

PS: The same happens, when I use a text file with umlaut-letters inside. (e.g. an "u" with two dots above)

--
Es gibt einen neuen Aufkleber f?r die A-Klasse?
"Ich bremse nicht f?r Elche!"