Re: balsa-2.3.2-1 Segmentation fault

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 01:15:15PM +0000, Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 06/02/2005 03:09:07 PM, Andrew Lau wrote:
> >Hey Pawel,
> >
> >Is this a high priority patch? i.e. apply to the Debian package and
> >upload immediately since IMAP is totally broken, or is this a rare
> >enough problem to wait until 2.3.3?
>
> Te bug makes balsa crash *always* when imap folder scanning in 64-bit
> mode because a 64-bit pointer is truncated to 32-bits. OTOH, it is a
> good reason to get 2.3.3 out of the door a.s.a.p.

I don't have any time to check the source now, running off to uni, but
does bug this affect 2.3.0? If so, I might be in a world of shite.
Effectively, I'll have less than 12 hours to cut through red tape.

Debian "Sarge" is effectively hard frozen now, meaning if 2.3.0 still
has this bug, we're looking at the removal of Balsa package for some (or
all) architectures. It's really up to the release team's disgression.

Can someone get back to me ASAP!

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

     Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau	<http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/>
	 Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer & Computer Science, UNSW
				     -
		  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"