Re: gmail pop not working

On 02/06/2005 04:57:06 AM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
Cheers,

although I recall someone else reporting this, I can't find the post. Gmail pop currently just hangs on connect, as if gmail wasn't answering at all. I've confirmed that it does indeed work with kmail and thunderchicken.

gmail asks to set up the account with pop.gmail.com with SSL on port 995, along with enabling pop it in the webmail settings.

I've looked at the console output of 'balsa -d', and I get:

Message: 139917192, 0, POP3
Message: 140304904, 0, POP3: gmail

I presume you did enable SSL on the "advanced page"?

Pawel