Disabling S/MIME problems (Was: ANNOUNCE: balsa-2.2.6 released)

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 10:11:51PM +0000, Pawel Salek wrote:
> Balsa team would like to officially announce balsa-2.2.6 release
> available at http://balsa.gnome.org/
> Major highlights of this balsa release are:
> - S/MIME support.

Hi everyone,

I've just tried to package Balsa 2.2.6 for Debian unstable, but came
across the following error message while trying to run it:

"Error: Crypto engine /usr/bin/gpgsm is not installed properly.
Disable support for protocol CMS."

According to Albrecht, an alpha version of GnuPG 1.9 is required for
gpgsm to work. Debian only ships with 1.2.x at this moment, so I
explicitly tried to disable S/MIME support via: ./configure
--disable-smime --with-gpgme --with-gss --with-ldap --with-sqlite
--with-ssl, but the message is still there.

So what else could be turning on S/MIME support in the build?

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

	Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau	<http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/>
 Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer & UNSW Computing Students' Society President
				     -
		  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"