how do I by-pass the signature check?

Help! I find it EXTREMELY irritating that Balsa by default checks the signature, and brings up a dialogue box whenever the signature cannot be verified due to a missing key. I care not whether a signature can be verified---I simply wish the freedom to scan and delete messages without having to disrupt the routine because someone has signed a message and I do not have his key. How may I cause Balsa to bypass this check? If the check cannot be by-passed, I shall abandon the use of Balsa --- it is too fatiguing.

Example of the message in the dialogue box:

"Checking the signature of the message sent by Albrecht Dreß <albrecht. dress arcor de> with subject "Re: 2.1.3 Discussion Points" returned:
The signature could not be verified due to a missing key."

RLH