smtp problem

hi:

I just installed balsa 2.0.6-2 - evolution is too
busy, it was starting to bug me.  Remote pop server is
fine, but when I try to send an email, I get the
following message:

Message submission problem, placing in into your
outbox.  System will attempt to resubmit the
message until you delete it.

My settings-preferences-outgoing mail for the remote
smpt is smtp.myisp.com:25.  I tried :smtp as well.  I
tried a variety of username/password settings
including the same ones as the pop server, and just
empty fields, and none seem to make a difference.

Any suggestions?  (I use rh9)
Thanks.