Re : Launching Mozilla after upgrade

On 18.07.2004 13:39:57, Marco van Oostende wrote:
Hi,

I recently had to upgrade to a new version of Mozilla. Before I had a situation where I could click on a URL within a mail, and it would open in a new browser window. After installing the new version, it comes up with this annoying profile chooser, saying that the current profile is already in use. I installed the new version in a different directory, with no /usr/ bin/mozilla file by default. Because Balsa could not find any link to the executable (understandable), I created a softlink from /usr/bin to the install file /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla.

Is it a balsa thing that I get the profile popup?

No, and yes ;-) I think the problem is that balsa launches a new mozilla window and as you have one already opened then mozilla asks you to choose another user profile as you are already using one. The fix is to define a second user profile, and then you have to check or uncheck something in the profile manager window to ask mozilla not to open the profile manager by default. Check on mozilla man page to have more details.
Bye
Manu